Formwerks Architectural (FWA) is seeking a full-time Intermediate Technologist to join our team in Vancouver. We are looking for self-directed people who are detail oriented with excellent communication and technical skills.
FWA is a quickly growing mid-sized architectural design studio specializing in single and multi-family residences. We are recognized for the creation of innovative, high-quality urban mixed-use developments and multi-family residential designs.
FWA offers a positive office culture with social, fitness, and team building events, a full benefits package, and a dynamic working environment with plenty of opportunities for learning and growth.
*Please note this is an in-office position (Monday-Friday)
As an Intermediate Technologist you will….
- Have the opportunity to work on all aspects of a project
- Assist in the design development through the use of sketches, CAD and 3D modelling
- Assist in the research of material, building systems and codes
- Be a key member of the project team throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Review and coordinate consultant drawings
- Complete field reviews and construction communication
- Take direction and mentorship from senior designers, architects, and management
- Have the ability to meet strict deadlines and take ownership of your projects
- Have the opportunity to assist Senior Construction Manager with site related reviews and communication
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and consultants
- Be provided with an opportunity to advance your career
- Be an enthusiastic member of a boutique design firm
- Post-secondary education in architecture and/or drafting
- Diploma of technology in architecture minimum
- 3+ years experience with multi-family, town homes, or condos
- Communication and organizational expertise
- Strong attention to detail
- Detailing, coordination, and working drawing experience with minimal supervision
- Experience with Sketch-Up and Vectorworks an asset
- General CA experience an asset
- Experience with field reviews is an asset
- Ability to think outside of the box and independently solve problems
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
Formwerks Architectural is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.