Intermediate Technologist / Architect
Formwerks Architectural Inc. (FWA) is seeking a full-time Intermediate Technologist / Architect to join our team in Vancouver.
FWA is recognized for the creation of innovative, high-quality urban mixed-use developments, community planning, and both multi-family and single-family residential designs.
We are a quickly growing mid-sized architectural design studio and as such offer the opportunity for junior and intermediate people to grow within the firm, develop leadership skills, and run projects. We are seeking self-directed people who are detail oriented with excellent communication and technical skills.
As an Intermediate Technologist /Architect you will….
- Report to and work closely with Partners to eventually grow into a Senior Project Manager role
- Work on all aspects of a project, from design inception to completion of construction
- Assist in design development through the use of sketches, CAD and 3D modelling
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
- Take ownership of your projects and be responsible for translating design ideas into details
- Research materials, building systems and codes
- Review and coordinate consultant drawings
- Complete field reviews and construction communication for your projects
- Have the ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and consultants
- Be provided with an opportunity to advance your career
- Be an enthusiastic member of a boutique design firm
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education in architecture and/or drafting with a diploma of technology in architecture a minimum
- 3+ years local experience with wood frame multi-family, town homes, or condos
- Communication and organizational expertise
- Experience in detailing, coordination, and producing working drawings
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience with Sketch-Up and Vectorworks an asset
- General CA experience an asset
- Experience with field reviews is an asset
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Extended Health, Vision and Dental benefits
- Paid Christmas break
- Internship support
- Mentorship and training for professional growth and career advancement
- Monthly Lunch & Learns and Social Fridays
- Social and team building events
- Fun work environment with great culture
- Dog friendly office
- Remote work options or Hybrid WFH-Office schedule
If you are passionate about creating buildings where people can grow, live, gather and celebrate, and are looking to take on a leadership role in a growing practice, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your application to email@example.com
While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for the position will be contacted.
Formwerks Architectural is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.